Saturday, February 15, 2014

is it just me.... who has a glass half empty glass half full kind of day......

its 12:18 and i am lying in my bed and I'm thinking about honestly more things then i should at any time let alone this late on a Saturday night. I realize I have been attending classes at parkland for a month and i have honestly really only met and continue to talk to maybe two people.  I will be honest I'm not good at meeting people and i guess its hard to relate to them. I feel that being 23 puts me in a totally different mindset then younger people. It doesn't help I have lived a different life then most. But its hard to look back and not have regret towards some of the choices that i made and some of them little and others more major. I walk through the hallways of Parkland and realize that this is only going to last for a moment and then ill be off doing something else.. that I will have moved on and I will miss. Its like highschool I hated it but at the same time i miss it. and i realize each time I walk through parkland I'm right back in highschool. The same smells and sounds and there's a part of me that winces because of how similar it is. But then I realize that over 5 years have passed since I was in highschool and a lot has changed and a lot has stayed the same. I realize  I am still the kid that is usually by himself and that i still prefer doodling in a notebook  and sitting by myself that i still will feel awkward in two years even though i will have been at parkland so long.. But something is different this time I'm more goal orientated this time around and sadly i care less what others think of me then i did in highschool.. I have become selfish in the sense that I feel no choice but to succeed and so I shall. It is hard though especially when the hallways bring me back to highschool sadly a time where I did not put a lot of effort into my school and I was far to worried about skateboarding and hanging out with friends... There are days that I hate college and never want to do it again and then again there are days where I drive home with a smile on my face because I enjoyed it so much. I guess i just realize  when it comes to not only our pasts but our everyday lives we have to take the good with the bad and just take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment