Saturday, January 18, 2014

just a thought

It is Saturday at aproximately 11:30 and i am just sitting and doing some homework and going through the proccess of learning my new camera. I guess we have been asked to write posts about what something we smelled and how it made us instantly zoom back to an expirence we had. I guess some expirences that I had recently is walking into the library I smelled the I guess you could say regular smell of a library it brings me back to the library that I went to alot when I lived in Quincy.  Along with that it brings me back to sitting in the Library and reading or an even more innocent time where i would go and they would read a book to me along with other kids. They would have plays and or other interesting events for the community. There is a atmosphere created unlike any other found on earth that exists only in libraries. rows of books and almost a staleness to the air brought by the large quantity of books. I do not know what smells will make me relapse to a memory  and I guess we will find that out in the weeks to come.

1 comment:

  1. A great observation Steve. For me the smell of crayons takes me back to the hallways of my old grade school in Tuscola. Sadly it was torn down about ten years ago and now sits as an empty lot... still just the smell of a freshly opened box of crayola crayons and I can close my eyes and be walking down those halls again. Makes one wonder about the possibilities of scratch and sniff advertising.

    ReplyDelete